Whether you’re embarking on a cross-country mountain biking trip or just going for a simple cruise down one of the town’s paved roadways, you’ll want to ensure that you have the proper bike and gear for the excursion.
Some accessories you will want to bring with you include:
- Cycling gloves.
- A good grippy pair of shoes.
- Comfortable and durable clothing.
- Water bottle, or CamelBak.
- GPS device.
- Portable pump to inflate flat tires.
- High-power lights.
It is also very important to ensure that you have the proper protective gear:
- Body armor and pads will protect your limbs and trunk in the event of a crash.
- Protective glasses will help protect against debris while on the trail.
- Helmets will not only provide important head protection, they are required to be worn by law in Ontario. Learn more about traffic laws related to cycling at the Ontario Ministry of Transportation’s website.
Use these helpful links to find out more about the equipment you’ll require before putting your foot to the pedal.
|Buying the right bike for you – Determine the type of bike you need based on four main styles of bikes and what you anticipate your main type of riding to be|
|Getting started in biking – The basics to think about if you’re getting started in biking|
|Mountain biking, Wikipedia – Required equipment from bike parts to accessories to protective gear|