Satisfy Your Wandering Spirit
Discover Our Rural Treasures
- Day 1
- Indulge in a maple body scrub and spa massage at Tay River Reflections, right in the heart of the Maple Capital of Ontario.
- Outdoor patio lunch at Fiddlehead’s Bar & Grill in Perth, followed by a walk through the old mill, café and gift shop.
- Shop for antiques, local products and unique gift items at one of the many charming shops in Heritage Perth.
- Dinner at The Masonry.
- Make it an evening out with tickets to a presentation of “Wait Until Dark” at the Classic Theatre Festival.
- Step back in time with an overnight stay in a Victorian suite at the elegant Perth Manor Boutique Hotel.
- Day 2
- Breakfast at Perth Manor Boutique Hotel.
- Discover the charming beauty and architecture of Almonte, an old textile mill town. Wander through woolen mills that have been converted into museums and shops, including book stores and antique shops.
- Visit the Farmer’s Market to pick up seasonal favourites and chat with locals.
- Lunch at Mill Street Crepe Company.
- Tour the Mississippi Valley Textile Museum, a national historic site that features a blend of the old and the new, all related to the history of the Mississippi Valley and the textile industry. Special exhibits on weekends.
- Experience a taste of fine dining in Ontario’s Highlands with a locally-crafted dinner at Heirloom restaurant.
Ontario's Highlands - #nowheremoment Itineraries
There are endless possibilities and plenty to discover in "nowhere"...