Nourish Your Soul & Feed Your Wandering Mind
Learn, Grow and Discover Something New
- Day 1
- Underground tour of the Bonnechere Caves in Eganville, the Ordovician Fossil Capital of Canada. Following the tour, learn about our region’s rich geology with a visit to the Bonnechere Museum and a fossil hunt through the Geology & Fossil Trail.
- Lunch at Eganville’s favourite local grill, Frisco’s.
- Discover Wilno’s Polish heritage at the Wilno Kashub Heritage Museum.
- Dinner at Wilno Tavern, where you’ll enjoy everything from cabbage rolls to pierogies.
- Overnight stay at Fortune’s Madawaska Valley Inn (Psst. There’s even a hot tub!)
- Day 2
- Home-cooked breakfast at Fortune’s Madawaska Valley Inn.
- Marvel at the restored Barry’s Bay Railway Station, featuring the South of 60 Arts Centre.
- Lunch at Charlie D’s Chip Truck, where you can take your love of poutine “outside the box” and try a Polish, Mexican or German version.
- Whitewater Clinic at Madawaska Kanu Centre. Challenge yourself and find a new passion with whitewater kayak, whitewater canoe and stand up paddling weekend courses.
- Dinner at the spectacular waterview restaurant at Spectacle Lake Lodge.
Ontario's Highlands - #nowheremoment Itineraries
There are endless possibilities and plenty to discover in "nowhere"...